Nuclear War Simulator
A downloadable game for Windows
The goal of this project is to build a realistic simulation and visualization of large-scale nuclear conflicts with a focus on humanitarian consequences. There are currently over 13000 nuclear weapons on this planet of which over 9000 are in military stockpiles. This software should help you answer the question: what will happen if Russia and United States or India and Pakistan use their arsenals?
There are a lot of interlocking systems and processes in a nuclear conflict: the command and control system, locations and movement of forces, weapons delivery systems and humanitarian consequences. By simulating the most relevant of these systems you should be able to tell a credible story about how nuclear conflicts play out and what are the consequences.
The simulation is developed in Unity and will be distributed as a stand-alone application.
- visualise and calculate effects of nuclear weapons (thermal radiation, overpressure, fallout and mass fires) on a high-density population grid
- visualisation of overpressure, thermal radiation, radiation dose from fallout, areas affected by mass fires, population density and casualties density (prompt radiation is not considered)
- effects from hundreds to thousands of explosions can be calculated and visualised in seconds
- design and place nuclear forces to recreate current, past or future arsenals using an intuitive UI
- create attack plans and conflict scenarios and share them with others
- place yourself, your family and your friends inside the simulation and calculate the probability of your survival
- simulate the dynamics and timing of the conflict and effects of a first strike using a damage model based on CEP and overpressure
- simple production cost model: how many weapons can a country build if it wants to?
- Operating system: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX compatible dedicated graphics card, GTX 960 or equivalent. Integrated graphics cards are not supported.
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 4 GB available space, ideally SSD
Click download now to get access to the following files: